We are making a beautiful ballerina craft for preschoolers today! Get the step-by-step instructions below. And because we are also learning and making a letter B bear craft this week, the kids decided to decorate the tutus of these ballerinas with a letter ‘b’ pattern.
Materials needed for this ballerina craft
- Popsicle sticks
- Free Printable – Ballerina craft for Preschoolers*
- Small size doilies
- Pink marker (or any color your child prefers)
- PVA Glue
How we made this ballerina craft
1. Using a marker, color the tip of each popsicle stick. This makes the ballerina shoes.
2. Fold each doily in half, then quarters, then finally into eights. Cut the very tip of the pointed part of the doily as shown in the photo below. Then open up the doily.
3. Carefully insert the popsicle stick in the middle of the doily and secure this with tape. This becomes the ballerina’s tutu. Fix the folds if needed.
4. Print the ballerina craft printable* and cut out the ballerinas. Then glue the ballerina’s body on the popsicle stick, above the doily.
Optional: To reinforce learning the letter b, you can design the hems of the ballerina skirt with the letter b, just as we did.